Sunday 17 March 2013

Huge Quote Poster

I wanted some new décor for my walls and being me I was obviously not going to buy it, I wanted to make it. I decided that I wanted to use a quote or some words and set about looking on pinterest for a good but relatively short one. This is the result...

Materials:
A1 piece of paper in prefered colour (mine was £1.75 from paper chase)
White printer paper
Glue/double sided
Pencil
Scissors
Laptop for font

Method:
1. Find the font you want (I chose Words Impact) and type out your message in a word document. Make it very big.

2.Trace the silhouette over the computer screen very lightly so as not to damage it, you don't necessarily have to do it this way but it was the way I did it.

3. Cut out each letter individually and arrange them how you want them onto the piece of paper.

4. Use your preferred glueing method to stick them down. I used double sided sticky tape.

5.Then I used a pretty liberal amount of blu-tack to stick the poster to the wall.

6. Sit back and admire your handiwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment