Monday 26 August 2013

'You're My Hero' Medal Cookies from Wreck It Ralph

I finally got round to watching Wreck It Ralph over the holidays and oh my gosh its amazing! Whoever came up with that idea is pure genius. For those of you who don't know, it's sort of like toy story in the way that when the arcade closes all the games come to life and can travel into other games. If you haven't seen it, I definitely recommend it.
Anyway I decided to try and make cookies similar to the one that Vanellope gives to Ralph, as seen below-


I used Peggy Porschen's sugar cookie recipe which I found here and then used half a packet of royal icing mix from silverspoon to ice them. I iced around the edges in white first, then took two thirds of the mix which was left and added blue food dye and water to thin it out so that i good flood the cookies and then used the remaining white icing to write on them. 
Mine don't really look much like the ones from the movie but hey, I tried. And they tasted yummy. Which is what counts in biscuits. I hope.






No comments:

Post a Comment