Saturday 15 November 2014

Rimmel London Wake Me Up Foundation Review





This is one of the most raved about highstreet foundations out there but I have to say I have a bit of a love hate relationship with it. For one, I love the shade selection, because this shade matches my skin perfectly which is so rare, often even the lightest shade of foundations is too dark for me. However I kinda hate how sparkly it is, if you look closely at the bottle you will see tiny little shimmers in it which obviously helps you have a more glowy look etc but sometimes I'll be looking at myself in the mirror when I'm putting my makeup on in the morning and I just look like I've had glitter thrown at me (particularly annoying when paired with flash photography). However the coverage of this foundation is excellent and I usually don't wear concealer with it except for under my eyes, just to brighten them up a bit. But on the other hand, it doesn't match particularly well  with my oily skin and sometimes I just look so shiny half way through the day, which is quite problematic since I've stopped taking my makeup to school because it got so heavy (Beauty obsessive problems).
So there we go, I'm just not really sure where I stand with this foundation. I think I'll probably go back to my Bourjois Healthy Glow Foundation once this runs out, however I would consider repurchasing in the future, just simply for the incredible shade selection, since healthy glow is a tad too dark for me really.

So whats your opinion? Do you usually find that the most raved about things let you down a little?

No comments:

Post a Comment